Tenth-generation Honda Accord details and specifications out
Honda recently unveiled the tenth-generation Accord that is the company's highest selling models in America. The premium sedan has gone through a major design revision and has also received new engine options. The 2018 Honda Accord made its global debut at Detroit and will be launched in the international markets next year. We did reach out to Honda Cars India to find out if the 2018 Accord will makes its way into the country, however, the company stated that there are no plans as of now.
2018 Honda Accord gets a Civic inspired desgn
The Honda Accord has always been one of the smartest looking sedans. And with the 2018 Honda Accord, the company has tried to push the envelope even further. While the previous models had a more elegant design, the new-gen model has gone in for an aggressive and a sportier design. The front profile has been tweaked and now comes equipped with all-LED headlights with DRLs. The radiator grille sports a strong chrome band that also gives the sedan a wider profile.
In terms of dimensions, the new-gen Honda Accord has a longer wheelbase (+54mm), lower height (-14mm), wider front/rear wheel track and body as well as marginally shortened length. Honda claims the change in dimensions haveimrpoved the shoulder and headroom. The longer wheelbase has also improved the legroom of the rear occupants making it one of the most spacious offerings in its class. The features list in the new-gen Accord still consists of the 7-inch TFT instrument cluster and a 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system. This unit comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Connectivity options.
2018 Honda Accord interior gets a minor tweak
The 2018 Honda Accord is powered by a new 1.5-liter, direct-injected turbocharged motor that makes 192PS and generates 245Nm of torque. This motor can be optioned with either a CVT or a 6-speed manual transmission. For the ones who seek more power, there is the new 2.0-liter turbo, that shares its design with the race-bred 2017 Civic Type R. This one makes 252PS at 6,500 rpm and generates 370Nm. of torque from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm. There are two new automatic transmissions, the CVT for the 1.5-liter engine and new 10-speed automatic for the 2.0-liter engine.
The new-gen Honda Accord will be manufactured in Marysville, Ohio after it comes into production in Japan. The new-gen Honda Accord will be launched in the international markets next year. Following which it is believed to enter Indian markets as well
2018 Honda Accord has got sportier than before
Starts Rs 43.21 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775