Terra Motors launches Y4Alfa e-rickshaw in India at Rs 1.3 lakh
Terra Motors has launched its Y4Alfa e-rickshaw which is priced at Rs 1.3 lakh. It weighs 380kg, can accommodate 5 people including the driver and has a range of 100km on full charge. It is powered by a Terra battery unit which is priced at Rs 27,000. The Terra Battery is manufactured in Bangalore and has a life span of at least eighteen months.
The company says that the Y4Alfa e-rickshaw offers low running costs compared to a gas-powered vehicle and has a small turning radius. It also features rain covers that can be pulled down as and when needed.
Speaking on the occasion, Teppei Seki, country director, Terra Motors said, "India is the second largest producer of three-wheelers in the world. Hence, India is an important market for us. We plan to sell 30000 units of e-rickshaws and 20000 sets of Terra Batteries by the end of the fiscal year."
"Terra Motors is committed to bring in its high quality Japanese offering and services to the Indian market. Along with the product superiority, we also aim to enhance our sales and service support though the seasoned dealers in order to enrich customers experience," he further added.
Terra Motors Corporation is the leader in manufacturing electric two & three wheelers in Japan. Founded in 2010, its headquarters are based in Shibuya, Tokyo and also has branch offices in Vietnam and Philippines. The company currently has over 1,000 dealers and 3000 service networks in Japan.
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards