Tesla Model 3 all-wheel drive electric sedan bookings to begin this weekend: Elon Musk
Tesla Inc is about to begin accepting orders for its Tesla Model 3 electric sedan with all-wheel drive this weekend. Tesla founder Elon Musk had stated this in response to a tweet on May 11. The Model 3 is the entry-level sedan offered by Tesla, but it was a rare sight on roads even within the company's home country, the US, due to production hiccups. Musk had announced earlier this month that more variants of the Model 3 would be made available soon. Now, in his tweet, he has stated that the orders for the Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor version, which will feature all-wheel drive (AWD), will begin by the end of this week. A Performance variant will also be available alongside this. However, there is no update as to when Tesla cars will officially reach India.
Tesla, meanwhile, also delivered its first Model 3, a standard rear-wheel drive version, outside the US to a customer in Ontario Canada. Production of the Model 3 had faced some issues owing to which deliveries of the $ 35,000 (Rs 23.55 lakh approximately) sedan had been delayed. Production of the new Dual Motor and Performance variants will begin in July, with an air suspension option also expected by 2019.
Last month, Tesla had temporarily shut down the manufacturing of the Model 3. This was the second such stop in production at its Fremont, California plant since February and a representative had stated that the company was using these periods to improve automation and systematically address bottlenecks in order to increase production rates. Tesla aims to bring Model 3 production to 5,000 units per week by in the next two months.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review