Tesla Model 3 all-wheel drive electric sedan bookings to begin this weekend: Elon Musk
Tesla Inc is about to begin accepting orders for its Tesla Model 3 electric sedan with all-wheel drive this weekend. Tesla founder Elon Musk had stated this in response to a tweet on May 11. The Model 3 is the entry-level sedan offered by Tesla, but it was a rare sight on roads even within the company's home country, the US, due to production hiccups. Musk had announced earlier this month that more variants of the Model 3 would be made available soon. Now, in his tweet, he has stated that the orders for the Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor version, which will feature all-wheel drive (AWD), will begin by the end of this week. A Performance variant will also be available alongside this. However, there is no update as to when Tesla cars will officially reach India.
Tesla, meanwhile, also delivered its first Model 3, a standard rear-wheel drive version, outside the US to a customer in Ontario Canada. Production of the Model 3 had faced some issues owing to which deliveries of the $ 35,000 (Rs 23.55 lakh approximately) sedan had been delayed. Production of the new Dual Motor and Performance variants will begin in July, with an air suspension option also expected by 2019.
Last month, Tesla had temporarily shut down the manufacturing of the Model 3. This was the second such stop in production at its Fremont, California plant since February and a representative had stated that the company was using these periods to improve automation and systematically address bottlenecks in order to increase production rates. Tesla aims to bring Model 3 production to 5,000 units per week by in the next two months.
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block