Tesla Model 3 electric car to go on sale from July 7 in the US
Every tweet from Elon Musk is closely followed. Tesla CEO is pretty active on the social media platform. A recent tweet from Musk confirms that the mass electric car that Tesla is aiming at, the Model 3, will be ready by July 7, 2017. The bookings of this hotly anticipated had begun last year. Musk's tweet says that the first of the Model 3 customers will receive their cars on July 28 at a handover party. Musk also tweeted that all the regulatory requirements for the Model 3 have already been completed two weeks ahead of schedule.
The production of the Model 3 is expected to increase exponentially. Musk said that the company will be manufacturing first 100 cars this August and then increase it to 1,500 in September. By the end of this year, the number will rise to 20,000. Tesla is expected to increase its overall production to 5 lakh units by the end of 2018.
Since bookings started last year, the Model 3 has garnered close to 40,0000 reservations. The booking amount is only $1,000 or approximately Rs 65,000. The final price will be $35,000 or Rs 22 lakh. Speaking of which, while the earlier plans did include Elon Musk boldly declaring that the Model 3 will come to India as well, things didn't go as exactly as planned. A recent development says that he had appealed to the Indian government for temporary relief from the high import duties. This is till he sets up shop in India with a new Gigafactory.
- NewsRenault Experience Centre opens in Phoenix Market City, Mumbai
- NewsMV Agusta to discontinue F4 superbike after 2018
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- FeaturesProduct review: Shima RS-1 gloves
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates