Tesla Model 3 garners 2.30 lakh bookings since launch
Tesla Motors has announced that its new Model 3 has garnered over 2.32 lakh pre-bookings, a few days after it was unveiled in California. Elon Musk, CEO, Tesla Motors made the announcement via his Twitter handle.
The Model 3 is billed as an affordable electric car without the typical compromise of other electric cars. Tesla claims that the Model 3 has a driving range of 346km on a full charge. Claimed 0-100kmph time is less than six seconds. That's pretty impressive, given the fact that many petrol powered cars don't accelerate that quick.
As far as design is concerned the car looks futuristic. It has a sleek looking body style, especially the way in which the roofline swoops and integrates with the stubby boot. Also absent is a grille which renders the car with an unusual face. The head and tail lamps have a smoked effect and the alloys complement the car quite well.
Potential customers can book the Tesla Model 3 by paying $1,000 (Rs 66,300). Prices for the Tesla Model 3 start from $35,000 (Rs 23.2 lakh). Mind you, this is the price before the incentives in US kick in. Deliveries in the US are set to commence in the latter half of 2017. There's talk of Tesla shipping the car to India and many potential customers too have booked the car. While our electric car charging infrastructure may be at a nascent stage, we hope to see the government expedite the process of increasing the number of charging facilities. Currently, the Mahindra e2o is the only full electric car on sale in India.
Starts Rs 5.93 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic