Tesla Model 3 to come with new features, confirms Elon Musk
Our editor has recently driven the Tesla Model X P100 D and here are his first impressions. And now there is more news about Tesla. Elon Musk, head, Tesla Inc confirmed that the electric car brand will be adding more features to the Model 3 sedan in the coming months. These features includes controlling the rear-seat climate, music, sonic blind-spot notifications using the Tesla app and also a better user interface for the infotainment system.
Tesla to more options and features like all-wheel drive and also a 35,000$ base model with a standard-sized battery pack.
The Tesla Model 3 also received a recommended buy from Consumer Reports an American nonprofit organization that does consumer-oriented research. Previously, the same organization was not in favour of the Tesla Model 3 for it the user interface, the ride quality and the amount of wind noise that the sedan made. Additionally, the braking distance too was criticised severely. Tesla was quick to respond to the criticism by issuing an update through its cloud that improved the braking performance in turn also reducing the distance that the sedan needed to halt from 96.5kmph.
Earlier this year, Tesla announced offering more options and features like all-wheel drive and also a 35,000$ base model with a standard-sized battery pack, once the company achieves its target of making 5,000 units per week of the Model 3. Tesla plans on achieving the target of manufacturing 5,000 units of the Model 3 per week in the next two months. This means more options in the standard offering along with the base 35,000$ model can be expected to arrive in July this year. If at all Tesla can price the base model at 35,000$, the Model 3 will compete with the likes of the Nissan Leaf and the Chevrolet Bolt.
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh