Tesla Model S and Model X get new longer range variants
In a recent tweet, Elon Musk mentioned that Tesla will never stop innovating. Their cars will get major revision in every 12 to 18 months. The Tesla CEO also states that retrofitting of the new technology in the earlier models will reduce the company's growth and might also need replacing 300 parts. Recently, the American automaker released a silent but significant update on its Model X and Model S range. The new software release has increased the range of both these vehicles.
The company has listed 100D variants for both the above mentioned offerings. The Tesla Model S 100D now has a claimed range of 335 miles (~539 km) on a single charge. This is an additional 20 miles (~32 kms) over the more premium P100D and 41 miles (~65km) than the 90D. The new update has made the Tesla Model S the only battery-electric vehicle with the longest range on one single charge. While the range has gone up, the claimed top speed of 155mph (~249kmph) has been retained. The claimed acceleration 0 to 100kmph timing of 4.2 seconds is in line with that of the P90D. The P100D, being a more performance biased sedan, takes a claimed 2.5 seconds to reach 100kmph.
Similarly, the 100D version of the Model X now delivers a claimed range of 295 miles(~475km) on a single charge. The new range is 38 miles (~61km) more than the 90D and six miles (~9.6km) more compared to the 100D. This X 100 D can reach the 100kmph mark in 4.8 seconds, identical to that of the X 90D and a over 2 seconds slower than the P 100 D.
The prices of both the Model S and Model X are $ 3,000 than their 90D models. The equipment and the features offered in the 100D too remain unchanged. This has led to a speculation that Tesla might silently call of the 90 D and positioned the 100 D in its place.
The Tesla Model S 100D is priced at $98,300 (~Rs 66.96 lakh) while the X 100 D is priced at $99,700 (~Rs 67.92 lakh). The new models are expected to go on sale in March this year.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000