Tesla Model Y Electric SUV unveiled: deliveries will commence in 2020
Tesla Model Y broke cover and the prices begin from $39,000 which translates to Rs 27 lakh with today's conversion rate. The Model Y is a mid-sized electric SUV which sits below the Model X, electric SUV. The Model Y is introduced in four variants, standard, long range, dual-motor all-wheel drive, and performance. The long range is priced at $42,700 (Rs 29.47 lakh) and the dual-motor all-wheel-drive is priced at $46,700 (Rs 32.23 lakh). Meanwhile, the performance variant is the dearest to its customers with a price tag of $55,700 (Rs 38.45 lakh).
The cabin can accommodate seven people and has a single 15-inch touchscreen interface for all of the EV's controls. The role of a key is replaced by a smartphone and the Model Y connects to one's cellphone via Tesla Mobile application and can be locked and unlocked using this feature. The application will also let one track the location of the SUV and set the speed limit. The baby electric SUV gets a panoramic sunroof and the Model Y offers a total of 1868-litres storage space.
Powering the Model Y is an electric drive train which is capable of accelerating from a to 100kmph in 3.5 seconds and has a top speed of 241 kmph. The standard variant will have a range of 370 km whereas the long-range variant offers a range of 482 kms in a single charge. Model Y is compatible with Tesla's current Supercharger network as well as the new V3 Superchargers which offer a charging rate up to 1,000 miles per hour
The standard and the long-range variants are expected to be delivered in 2020 while the dual-motor all-wheel drive and performance variants will reach customers by 2021.
- NewsHot Wheels RC Tesla Cybertruck is a must have!
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Yamaha India to offer extended warranty and service period
- NewsHonda CB-F concept is the retro-mod we need
- NewsSeven-seater Hyundai Creta SUV spotted testing
- NewsProperty surrounding the Buddh International Circuit to be converted to temporary shelter
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055