Tesla pick-up truck based on the Semi teased
Elon Musk must be a very busy man at present for he has just showcased two all-new offerings. First, the Tesla Semi, all-electric semi truck, that has enough power to propel itself to 100kmph in 5 seconds, and this timing with its max payload of 36,000kg stands at 20 seconds. And then came the all-new Tesla Roadster that can can reach 60mph (96.56kmph) in 1.9 seconds. And it does not end there. Tesla Inc has also released a teaser of a pick-truck that is based on the same underpinnings as the Semi.
The Tesla Pick-up truck will be based on the Semi's platform
Shown in the form of a sketch, the Tesla pick-up truck is large enough to carry another pick-up truck that, we believe, could be of the size of a Isuzu D-max V-Cross. Even though the Tesla pick-up will be based on the Semi, it will not be classified as a heavy vehicle which means that one does not need to have a commercial licence to drive one of these. "You'll actually be able to legally drive it with a driver's licence. It's kind of wrong, but I like it," said Musk during the unveiling of the sketch.
The electric powertrain in the Tesla pick-up will be sourced from the Semi. Tesla claims that the pick-up can do a a 0-60mph (0-96km/h) in five seconds. The pick-up might also have the same driving range of upto 500 miles (800km). With the help of upcoming DC Megachargers, the Pick-up will get a 400 miles (645km) driving range recharge in 30 minutes. Though Tesla has not let out anything specific about the pick-up, we assume it will arrive with the Semi in 2019.
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India