Tesla plans to launch electric compact car within five years: Musk
Tesla Inc founder Elon Musk has elaborate plans for the brand. While the company moves to increase production of the Tesla Model 3, Musk has said that the company plans to launch an electric compact car within five years. He has also shared other plans Tesla Inc has for the coming years, at the company's annual shareholder meeting. While Musk did not reveal more details about the compact car, he did mention it would be a hatchback. The Tesla founder also mentioned plans for introducing the Model Y, their next SUV, with a March 2019 reveal with production commencing in mid-2020.
Musk also stated that the Model Y could overtake the Model 3 in terms of sales, owing to the popularity that SUVs enjoy in international markets. Tesla has also released a second teaser image of the new SUV. Currently, the Tesla Model 3 is expected to become the become the company's top-seller once its production is stepped up.
Tesla will also reveal its new Supercharger later this year, with the technology being released before the year ends. It will be capable of double the current capacity, at 240Kw. In terms of production capacities, Musk revealed that more Gigafactories are being planned. The next one will be built in Shanghai, China. These Gigafactories will produce more than just battery packs, with complete vehicle and powertrain assembly in the future, he said.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa