The April 2018 issue of OVERDRIVE is on stands now!
Summer 2018 is here and the heat is on in the world of cars and bikes too! Must be the launch after launch, especially in the two-wheeler market. While some of this may be due to the ABS and CBS deadline for all new two-wheelers to be sold after April 1, 2018, there has been no slowing down since the Auto Expo in February 2018. Given that you're reading this on a long (Easter) weekend, we are all either out riding/driving or hunting for Easter eggs. So here's a lowdown on the April 2018 issue of your weekend read OVERDRIVE!
Meanwhile, in the world of cars, Mercedes-Benz has decided to launch its first BS VI compliant engine two years ahead of the BS VI emission norm deadline, and with its flagship S-Class. There is also the big SUV comparison between the Audi Q5, Volvo XC60, and the Lexus NX300h as well as the flagships Audi Q7 and Land Rover Discovery. Did we forget the Range Rover Velar, one of the most stunning SUVs ever made? We also take a look at the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Ignis, and Baleno, which share a common Heart(ect platform), while we also test their arch rival Hyundai Elite i20 which has received a 2018 facelift.
OVERDRIVE Editor Shubhabrata Marmar decides to go on a rapid drive of the Ferrari Portofino in Italy, while Consulting Editor Bob Rupani decides to take a nap in the rear seat of the new Mercedes-Benz S350d Er, no it's not what you think! There is also coverage from the Geneva International Motor Show 2018, as well as an important announcement from Ford and Mahindra. Lest we forget, see the latest update on the upcoming Toyota Yaris too. Hot enough yet?
Onto two wheels, we bring you the much sought-after comparison between the reigning mid-range track tool KTM RC 390 and the challenger, the TVS Apache RR 310. There is a load of first rides, including the hotly-anticipated Yamaha YZF-R15 v3, and the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, and the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X. There is the new Bajaj Avenger 180 and Aprilia SR 125. The Indian Scout Bobber and Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster bring in the cool and retro quotient.
Over in motorsports, Vaishali Dinakaran gives us a dekko at the all the racers doing India proud at various levels abroad, while also continuing her detailed coverage of Dakar 2018 with features on the TVS Racing and Hero teams. And if our poster this month of the Rimac C Two is anything to go by, you are in for an electrifying drive in the near future!
Sweating already? Well, then you'll be positively heaving as you sit down with the April 2018 issue of OVERDRIVE. Now, what are you waiting for? Off you go to the nearest newsstand!
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.5 Crore
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 55.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 66,764
Starts Rs 84,499
Starts Rs 11,99,000
Starts Rs 2,35,735
Starts Rs 1,98,879
Starts Rs 11,11,555
Starts Rs 2,23,000
Starts Rs 79,215
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa