The BMW M8 Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Coupe unveiled
The BMW M8 and the BMW M8 Competition Coupe have been unveiled ahead of its official debut that is to be held in Munich on June 25-27, 2019. Both the coupes are powered by 4.4-litre twin turbo V8 engine that is mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox. Both the cars feature BMW's M xDrive all-wheel-drive-system (with active M-differential). However, deactivating stability control the Coupes turn rear-wheel-drive.
The M8 has a power output of 608PS at 6000rpm and 750Nm of torque between 1800rpm and 5600rpm. The coupe has a 0-100 time of 3.3 seconds while the convertible does the same in 3.4 seconds. The M8 Competition Coupe, on the other hand, has a power output of 633PS at 6000rpm and 750Nm of torque between 1800rpm and 5600rpm. That said, the BMW M8 Competition darts from 0-100 in 3.2 seconds. The convertible takes 3.3 seconds to a 100km/h dash.
The coupes are equipped optional carbon-ceramic brakes while brake pedal feel configuration is standard. The feature list also includes configurable engine response, damper setting, steering feedback. The driving modes on offer are Road, Sport and Track.
Styling is a more sporty iteration of what we see on the BMW 8-series. The coupes are available with 20-inch lightweight alloy wheels. Inside, the cabin features a head-up display. Driving assistance, and parking assistance also, what BMW likes to call a Live cockpit.
The M8 coupe and the Competition Coupe will come to India but expect a launch sometime in 2020. The M8 coupes rival the Mercedes-AMG S63 coupe and the Bentley Continental GT.
Starts Rs 2.15 Crore
Starts Rs 3.29 Crore
- News2020 Datsun Redi-go BSVI facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen T-Roc: 20 per cent of 1,000-unit run still available
- NewsCoronavirus impact: GWM initiates relief program for Delhi NCR and Pune
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS records a sale of 58,906 units in May 2020
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV gets new petrol and diesel variant, priced from Rs 88.80 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!