The Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition is here!
It was not too long ago that we told you about the exotic Ducati 1299 Superleggera sold in India. And now the Italian motorcycle manufacturer is in news again for another special offering, the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition. As the name suggests, this is one of the most extreme versions of the Panigale ever made.
The Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition continues the gorgeous design that has been seen on the regular model. It does get a special paint job. However, it is not just a pretty motorcycle. Under that athletic body work is the motor sourced from the 1299 Superleggera that spits out 209PS at 11,000rpm and generates a torque of 141.2Nm at 9,000rpm, making it close to the 215PS/146.5Nm of the former. The Final Edition comes with lighter crankshaft with a larger crank pin and tungsten balancing pads, says the company. To make it lighter than the regular production bike, the connecting rods and the intake exhaust valves are made of titanium.
Ducati states that the chassis set-up of the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition is same as that on the Panigale R, consisting of Ohlins suspension. It makes use of compact lightweight frame developed by Ducati Corse that makes it weigh 190kg making it close to 23kg heavier than the 1299 Superleggera. Another thing that has been sourced from the Panigale R is the all-titanium Akrapovic exhaust that makes the motor Euro-IV compliant, identical to the Panigale R that competes in the World Superbike Championship.
The 1299 Panigale R Final Edition also comes equipped with Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) with cornering ABS, wheelie control, traction control and engine brake control. In addition, it comes with three riding modes - Race, Sport and Wet - which can be further personalised if there be any need for it.
Commenting on the launch, Sergi Canovas, managing director, Ducati India Pvt. Ltd. said, "We recently delivered the super exclusive limited edition 1299 Superleggera in India, and now we're proud to launch the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition. A tribute to the great heritage of Ducati superbikes, the special livery and top-of-the-line components create a thrilling riding experience and unique visual appeal."
The company will start deliveries of the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition in September 2017. Ducati India has still not announced the prices of this special offering.
Starts Rs 14,53,000
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car