The Ford Endeavour debuts Sync 3 infotainment interface in India
At the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Ford unveiled its latest infotainment interface Sync 3. After a year of waiting, it finally makes its way to India in the Ford Endeavour. Ford says it will initially be available on the top-spec Titanium variants, which means it could eventually trickle down to the lower Trend trim.
Sync 3 brings with it Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility and an updated AppLink interface. It also features a new 8-inch capacitive touchscreen. This means the screen will be a lot more responsive and you'll have features like pinch-to-zoom. The touch sensitivity will be more like a modern smartphone's screen, and you won't have to use your nails to navigate through the menus.
Ford also says that the new system is faster and more responsive to voice commands. Like the previous Sync interfaces, Sync 3 also gets Ford's Emergency Assistance feature. If the airbags are deployed in the event of a crash, the system automatically calls emergency services from the paired phone.
The Ford Endeavour is offered with two engine options a 2.2-litre turbodiesel and a 3.2-litre turbodiesel. The 2.2-litre engine, which produces 160PS and 385Nm, can be optioned with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission. The 3.2-litre variant, producing 200PS and 470Nm, is offered with just a 6-speed automatic. Both the engine options are offered in Trend and Titanium trims. However, the 2.2-litre Titanium variant doesn't get the option for a manual gearbox.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630