The Land Rover Range Rover Velar is here, almost
If you have gone through our exhaustive list of launches expected at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show, you must have come across the Land Rover Velar. And now there is confirmation from the British luxury automobile brand which has released a teaser image of its upcoming Velar SUV. The other details will be out on March 01, 2017, before the motor show.
The Velar (pronounced vel-ar) gets its name from the first 26 Range Rover prototypes that were made in the 1960s. To keep the identity of these models a secret, Land Rover had named them Velar that means covered in Latin.
Land Rover released only the rear profile image of the upcoming car. One can see the infotainment screen, panoramic sunroof, roof-mounted spoiler and the sleek LED tail lights. From the looks of it, the Velar seems to borrow its design cues heavily from the Evoque. The Land Rover Velar is believed to share its underpinnings with the Jaguar F-Pace. The Velar will be the fourth Range Rover SUV after the Evoque, Sport and the flagship Range Rover. The Velar will be slotted between Evoque and the Range Rover Sport.
Gerry McGovern, chief design officer, Land Rover, said, "We call the Velar the avant-garde Range Rover. It brings a new dimension of glamour, modernity and elegance to the brand. The Range Rover Velar changes everything."
The Land Rover Velar will compete with the likes of the Porsche Macan, BMW X6 and the Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe. The Land Rover Velar has already been spotted testing at different parts of the world. We believe Land Rover will launch the Velar in the international markets by the end of this year, quickly followed by its Indian debut.
Starts Rs 1.74 Crore
Starts Rs 78.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
Starts Rs 70.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh