The official limousine of the US President, the Beast, to ply on Delhi roads
The President of the United States of America, as one of the most heavily guarded dignitaries in the world, commands some of the best-built cars, designed for protection and safety, in his fleet. Case in point, the custom made eight-tonne, 6.5-litre diesel Cadillac DTS, called the Beast, which Barack Obama will be driven in once he deboards Air Force One.
Set to ply on Delhi's roads today, the Beast possesses some of the best artillery to protect the US President. One of the key aspects of the Presidential Limousine are the Goodyear Regional RHSII tyres it runs. Goodyear has been the official tyre supplier for the vehicle for the last ten years. The brand is also the maker of standard tyres for automobiles used by the US Secret Service. These are runflat tyres that are shred and puncture resistant.
Speaking about Goodyear's contribution to securing the President, PK Walia, vice president, Consumer Business, Goodyear India said, " The President of the United States makes countless appearances and appointments on his journeys, and Goodyear is a key contributor, though few might notice. The Goodyear tyres fitted to the presidential limousine are actually truck tyres in a 285/70R19.5 size, necessary due to the vehicle's extra load that includes a heavy-duty chassis, extended length and armored material."
In Presidential Travels, Goodyear Tires Carry the US President
|In Presidential Travels, Goodyear Tires Carry the US President The President of the United States' official limousine is carried to its various destinations on Goodyear tires, continuing a decades-long tradition as the exclusive tire for the presidential limo, and the standard tire of the U.S. Secret Service. On the presidential limousine, a heavily customized Cadillac DTS, a set of Goodyear tires Goodyear Regional RHSII occupy the four corners of the car. As with military combat vehicles, the presidential limousine runs on standard tires, but the rims contain a run-flat device (made by Hutchinson Industries) that enables the vehicle to be driven even with zero air pressure in all four tires. "The President of the United States makes countless appearances and appointments on his journeys, and Goodyear is a key contributor, though few might notice. The Goodyear tires fitted to the presidential limousine are actually truck tires in a 285/70R19.5 size, necessary due to the vehicle's extra load that includes a heavy-duty chassis, extended length and armored material," said P.K Walia-VP (Consumer Business) ,Goodyear India.|
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts