The Rolls-Royce SRH: Smallest Roller ever built
Rolls-Royce has unveiled one of its most unique and charitable projects till date, the Rolls-Royce SRH. The SRH has been developed by Rolls-Royce for one special customer - the day surgery unit of the St. Richard's Hospital in West Sussex, the hometown of Roll-Royce.
The children's department of a hospital handles anxious, scared or even depressed child patients before undergoing medical procedures. In this case though, Rolls-Royce has come to the rescue of the kids at their local hospital.
The Rolls-Royce SRH, aptly named for St. Richard's Hospital, is intended to be used by the child patients, to drive down to the operating theatre. Driving through the corridors of the paediatric unit with real-world-like traffic signs definitely seems like a great way to relieve the children from their stress before entering their surgery.
Sue Nicholls, paediatric matron at Western Sussex Hospital, said, "St. Richard's is very grateful to Rolls-Royce for this unique donation. We know children will love driving it, and in the coming years it will help turn a daunting experience into a more fun and enjoyable one for hundreds and hundreds of children."
The SRH is the smallest vehicle ever made by Rolls-Royce and is created from the ground-up. The interiors are characterised by the same finesse and attention-to-detail found on every Rolls-Royce car, with a two-tone steering wheel and seats perfectly colour-matched to the St. James red coach line.
The car is powered by a 24V gel battery and a top speed of 16kmph is achieved in seconds, but the speed setting is variable and can be limited to a more sedate 6kmph.
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally