Vintage and Classic car Grand Heritage Drive
The Federation of Historic Vehicles of India (FHVI) recently organised a 1,300km drive spread over seven days through Gujarat and Rajasthan and a total of 13 vintage and classic cars took part in this long drive across two states.
The drive was flagged off by the Governor of Gujarat, Acharya Devvrat. The flag-off happened from the same venue where there was the GVCCC's (Gujarat Vintage and Classic Car Club) annual historic car and bike show that showcased 80 historic cars and 30 motorcycles. The Grand Heritage Drive fleet included vehicles like the 1962 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 1956 Chevrolet Belair, 1979 Cadillac Fleetwood, 1956 Triumph TR3, 1933 Chevrolet Phaeton, 1940 Lincoln Zephyr, 1948 Oldsmobile and a 1947 MG TC.
The drive was equally enjoyed by drivers as well as the onlookers. Highlights of the drive included private tours of the Dilwara temple in Mount Abu and the Wankaner Palace, and a viewing of the private vintage car collection of Idar, at the Dowlat Villas Palace. The participants also saw the private car collection of the Royal Family of Gondal, and drove to the Modhera Sun Temple and Rani ki Vav stepwell, both of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. One thing that all participants relished was watching the sun rise over the salt flats of Rann of Kutch.
The participants included grandparents as old as 80 and four-year-old children. There were also some lady drivers who really enjoyed the challenge of long-distance driving in classic cars.
Photo Credits: Milind Kale and House of Creation, Jaipur
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block