Auto Budget 2016: The Rs 1 lakh crore allocation on road and highways will accelerate connectivity, says HMSI
We welcome the Union Budget. The honorable Finance Minister has walked a fine rope of balancing social welfare with economic growth. In the backdrop of two consecutive weak monsoons, the Government's focus on rural sector especially farmer welfare, education, interest subvention on existing loans and skill development will inject strength in rural economy.
The Rs 1 lakh crore allocation on road and highways will accelerate connectivity and mobility across all geographies led by rural areas, which is very positive news for overall auto industry. Overall, we expect such measures once implemented, will revive the stagnant demand of 2Wheelers in the rural market.
- FeaturesAll you need to know: Gordon Murray Automotive's T.50, the world's lightest supercar
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis Zeta variant gets Smartplay Studio infotainment, priced at Rs 5.97 lakh
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BSVI petrol launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.39 lakh
- OpinionOn wildlife on highways
- NewsNext generation Mahindra Thar expected to be unveiled in India on August 15