Thierry Lespiaucq takes over as interim head of Audi India, replaces Joe King
Audi India's chief Joe King has been assigned a new role for which he will move to Audi AG, Germany. Thierry Lespiaucq, managing director, Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited, will replace King as the interim boss at Audi India.
Joe King was at the helm of Audi India from September 01, 2013. Known for his dynamic nature, King was instrumental in boosting sales during his tenure. Audi India's sales rose from 10,002 units in 2013 to 10,851 units in 2014.
That was also the year when Audi surpassed Mercedes-Benz's sales figure at 10,201 units, clinching the crown of the No 1 luxury carmaker in India. However, tables turned in 2015 as Audi India only managed to sell 11,192 units while Mercedes-Benz managed to retain the No 1 position by selling 13,502 units. Joe King was also responsible for Audi's dealership expansion programme. At present there are 42 dealerships across India.
Audi recently launched the A4 sedan in India at Rs 38.10 lakh (ex-Delhi and Maharashtra). The pretty impressive A4 has been one of its most popular cars in the country. We drove the car in Bhubaneshwar as well as put it through our road test cycle.
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut