Third-generation BMW X1 spotted testing for the first time internationally
The first spy images have emerged of the next-generation BMW X1 SUV. The new model is expected to debut within a couple of years, the current F48 second-gen model has been on sale since 2015. The SUV received a facelift recently as part of its mid-cycle update.
The new X1 is expected to take design cues from larger SUVs in the BMW line-up like the X5 and X7. The SUV seems to have grown longer and wider as well. In these images, the oversized grille is noticeable, although these seem to be place-holder headlamps. The production-spec car should get double-barrelled LED units with the L-shaped DRLs.
Although heavily camouflaged here, it is expected that the new X1 will come with more subdued bodywork, in line with what is offered elsewhere in the BMW line-up. At the rear, the wide two-part tail lamps and pinched rear bootlid are also expected. The X1 will remain a FWD platform, but should now support hybrid and mild-hybrid powertrains.
The interiors are expected to get the new BMW look with the slim metal-finished vents, auxiliary screen for the climate control, and the latest iDrive infotainment. The new fully-digital instrumentation is also expected here.
We expect engine options to centre around the 2.0-litre petrol and diesel units as seen of the new 3 Series in India. A smaller 1.5-litre unit, as in the Mini can also be expected with the hybrid powertrain.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - MTDC flags-off its motorhome and campervan
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks