This is not going to be the new Dodge Charger
Ralph Gilles, global head of Fiat-Chrysler's design division, put up a picture of a design sketch on social media breaking away from the conventional secrecy of design evaluation of future products. While this design has been rejected, it does give us an inkling of the direction in which the Dodge Charger/Challenger might be headed.
The signature quad-headlamp setup is here to stay for sure with an aggressive fascia and muscular lines. But unlike the current car, we can see the future car to be a bit sharper and aerodynamically more efficient. Because, inevitably, it will get an all-electric powertrain and efficiency in every aspect will help the battery-electric car.
It has already been a decade since the Charger/Challenger got a generation update and almost five years since the last facelift which means, the new Charger is due. The muscle car era of the 60s and the 70s had the Dodge Charger fighting it out against the Ford Mustang and the Chevrolet Camaro and we hope that the new design puts the Charger back into the fight against the modern 'Stangs and the 'Maros.
A ridiculous V8 might be all what we enthusiasts want with pure rear wheel drive and some traction control to save us from spinning out of every corner. While that would be the SRT, regular cars might get the 3.6-litre V6 with the 8-speed automatic like the existing setup.
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block