Tokyo Motor Show 2017: Honda Sports EV Concept
We'd barely taken our eyes off the Honda Urban EV Concept showcased at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show, and the Japanese manufacturer has already showcased its new Sports EV Concept. The Sports EV Concept is a two-seater sportscar, and was the show stopper at Honda's stall at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. Unveiled by Takahiro Hachigo, CEO, Honda Motor Company, the Honda Sports EV Concept is a retro looking all-electric sportscar that uses the same dedicated EV platform as the Urban EV Concept.
Its design cues are similar too, with round all-LED headlamps and square-shaped tail lights. The Honda Sports EV Concept gets a coupe-like stance thanks to its longish hood and sloping roof, making for a design that's even more appealing than the Urban EV Concept. The design in fact reminds of some of Honda's oldest cars including the S600 and S800 coupes. Honda has not released any details whatsoever about the Sports EV Concept, neither has it confirmed any production plans, unlike the Urban EV Concept that is slated to go into production and get launched in Europe subsequently in 2019.
That said, the Honda Sports EV Concept is pretty similar to the Urban EV Concept under the skin. It boasts similar AI to the Urban EV Concept as well, though Honda says the sportier stance, coupe-like design and lower ground clearance are all aimed at making electric cars more fun. The Artificial Intelligence is expected to monitor the driver's reactions, emotions and also make using voice commands more intuitive. All this hints at the fact that AI might find its way into Honda future models sooner than you expect. The Sports EV Concept confirms Honda's seriousness about EVs further, and if productionised, it might just add some zing to the world of electric vehicles with its appealing, retro-cool looks
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far