Tokyo Motor Show 2017: The Kawasaki Ninja 250 is back!
That the all-new Ninja 400 will be showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show wasn't half as surprising as the fact that a brand-new Ninja 250 stood next to it, waiting to be unveiled as well. So while the Ninja 400 will replace the aging Ninja 300 (finally!), the Ninja 250 will add more zing to the lower end of the entry-level sportsbike segment. The new for 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 250 uses an arrangement similar to what it had a few years ago â" a high-strung, 249cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin cylinder engine, mated to a six-speed gearbox. What's new is the power output. The new Ninja 250 will offer a whopping 39PS of power, equal to what the Ninja 300 offers currently, along with 23.5Nm of torque.
AÂ kerb weight of 167kg should thus make for an interesting power to weight ratio. On the design front, the Ninja 250 looks similar to the larger Ninja 400 from the front but does not get any graphics like it. Of course, this time around the Ninja 250 looks way sharper and sportier than it ever did, particularly thanks to the twin headlamp setup.
We also liked the front turn indicators that are now integrated into the fairing, making for a cleaner look. On the whole, the new Ninja 250 is larger in size and appearance which makes it more appealing.
We're not sure if Kawasaki will launch the new generation Ninja 250 in India though, especially since with its powertrain the Ninja 250 will be an expensive proposition in the quarter-litre sportsbike space.
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live