Tokyo police gets three Nissan 370Z Nismo cop cars
Japanese automaker Nissan gifted three 370Z Nismo to the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department at the Traffic Safety Film Festival. The cars come in a black and white uniform, with complete emergency lights on top.
Nissan presented these cars in reply to the Tokyo police's request. They asked for an iconic car to help represent the department's commitment to road safety in and around the city. Kiyotaka Takahashi, superintendent general of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police, stated, "We're delighted to carry out our duties with this cool patrol car."
Powered by a 3.7-litre V6 engine, the car possesses 350PS. The cop cars also benefit from the Nismo tuned chassis and suspension. Nissan claims that the interceptors could accelerate from 0-100kmph in just 5.2 seconds while having a limited top speed of 250kmph. It's not the first time when Nissan presented its tuned cars to the police. Skyline GT-Rs were used in the 1970s, while the 300ZX models were presented in the 1990s.
Police from all around the world are gaining performance-focused cop cars in their stable. The Australian police recently acquired an Lexus RC F, while the Italians have Lamborghinis and Alfa Romeos in their police garage. Dubai police, on the whole, possess one of the most exotic car stable, including Bentleys, Ferraris, Aston Martins and Lamborghinis.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa