Toyota C-HR, Lexus RC & Lexus RC F to race at the 24 hours of Nurburgring
In an official statement, Toyota announced that the C-HR Racing, Lexus RC and a Lexus RC F will race at the 44th 24 Hours of Nurburgring endurance. Toyota claims that the 24 Hours of Nurburgring plays an important role in development of the brand's motorsport vehicles. This year marks the 10th year of participation for Toyota GAZOO Racing team.
Team representative Akio Toyoda said, "I remember GAZOO Racing first taking on the challenge of the Nürburgring in 2007 in an Altezza like it was yesterday. There are so many memories running through my mindthe interaction with the roads of the Nürburgring, whose characteristics seem to change with each shift in the weather, the meeting and parting with new and valuable friends. But, the one thing that remains the same is the unforgiving conditions of the circuit and the intensity of the racing. Every year, we use these conditions to hone both our team members and our cars. I have experienced this approach at first hand over the last nine years and, for me, this is the real meaning of motorsport."
"I also think that the commitment we show under these harsh conditions has a positive impression on our customers. That's why Toyota, under the banner of Toyota GAZOO Racing, will continue to take part in motorsportsto build ever-better cars, boost the number of vehicle enthusiasts, and bring a smile on the faces of our customers around the world."
The C-HR crossover is Toyota's interpretation of a performance based crossover. Akihiro Osaka from TMC is the chief mechanic while Masahiko Kageyama, Kumi Sato and one more will be driving it. The Lexus RC will participate for the second consecutive year and aims at bettering the performance results from last year. Minoru Taakagai from TMC is the chief mechanic while Takayuki Kinoshita and Naoya Gamou will be driving it. The Lexus RC F will be driven under the partnership of Toyota GAZOO Racing with TOM'S - a factory supported racing team and tuner of Toyota and Lexus vehicles and will be driven by Takeshi Tsuchiya, Kazuya Oshima, Takuto Iguchi, Takamitsu Matsui.
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018