Toyota Camry Hybrid launched in India at Rs 29.75 lakh
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has launched the locally assembled Camry priced at Rs 29.75 lakh, ex-Delhi. While it won't be the first Toyota hybrid in India, the new Camry becomes the first hybrid to be assembled in India by Toyota. Other than the Camry Hybrid, TKM also sells the Prius.
To be assembled at Toyota's plant in Bidadi,Bangalore, the Hybrid is based on the seventh generation Camry platform. It boasts of a 2.5-litre petrol engine mated to an electric motor. The car runs on Hybrid Synergy Drive, a system which automatically changes the source of power depending on the driving conditions. The engine and motor together have a total power output of 205PS. Other than powering the car, the electric motor turns into a generator to convert the kinetic energy to electricity. Toyota claims a fuel efficiency of 19.16kmpl for the Camry Hybrid.
2013 Toyota hybrid in India
The new Camry Hybrid looks identical to its non-hybrid counterpart, but TKM have introduced a number of new features to make it more alluring. In India, the Hybrid comes with power reclining rear seats as also rear armrests with controls for the seats, AC and music system.
Speaking about the introduction of Camry Hybrid in India, TKM managing director and CEO Hiroshi Nakagawa said, "Manufacturing the Camry Hybrid locally in India marks a very important milestone in the history of TKM and the Indian automobile industry. It is our endeavor to offer the best vehicles with most advanced technology to India. Toyota is a pioneer in hybrid technology and thus we were very keen to manufacture the all New Camry Hybrid in India. This is in line with Toyota's global philosophy to encourage the use of hybrid vehicles across the globe."
For the first drive report of the new Camry Hybrid, click here
Starts Rs 37.88 Lakhs
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block