Toyota comes up with a 100 per cent BSVI manufacturing facility in Bidadi
Toyota introduced the first BSVI compliant variant of the Glanza in June 2019, which followed the upgradation of the petrol version of the Yaris and the diesel version of the Innova Crysta to BSVI. To further promote this transition, Toyota has converted its facility in Bidadi to produce 100 per cent BSVI compliant vehicles. Also, Toyota mentioned that the bookings for the BSVI vehicles have already started and deliveries of BSVI diesel vehicles to the customers will be done in a phased manner, based on the diesel BSVI fuel availability.
Picture of the Toyota CH-R for reference
In the 2020 Auto Expo, Toyota is expected to showcase three new vehicles, the Vellfire, Toyota Corolla 2020 and the new CH-R which might launch later in the year or in 2021. The CH-R will be a coupe-style SUV and will rival with the MG SUV, which is yet to be launched, and the Jeep Compass. The Vellfire will be a luxury MPV competing with the Mercedes-Benz V-Class and could be priced around Rs 80 lakh ex-showroom in India.
Picture of Toyota for reference
Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, TKM said, "In our efforts to make a smooth transition to BSVI emission norms for vehicles, we are delighted to announce full compliance to BSVI well ahead of time. We have been successful in upgrading our vehicles to BSVI technology before the stipulated timelines thereby allowing us to focus on the production and sale of BSVI vehicles."
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 68.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 79.5 Lakhs
- NewsRacing games for smartphone that will keep you busy in quarantine
- NewsAutomotive podcasts to get you through the lockdown
- News2020 Hyundai Verna: Things you may like and dislike
- FeaturesCorona Crisis has Some Silver Linings Too
- NewsNew-gen Genesis G80 sedan unveiled, to rival BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055