Toyota Etios Cross bookings start in India
Toyota unveiled the Etios Cross at the 2014 Auto Expo on February 6. Bookings have commenced and you can book the car with a down payment of Rs 50,000. Pricing details have not yet been revealed but the launch date is expected to be some time in May this year. Prior to the launch Toyota has set up a dedicated for the car. Customers can see the Etios Cross in all the eight colours, view the interiors and also get help in finding the nearest dealer to book it. We expect the price to be around Rs 30-40,000 more than the corresponding Liva trim.
The Etios Cross is essentially a beefed up version of the Liva hatchback. It gets a plastic cladding around the lower body, grille guard, 15-inch diamond cut alloy wheels, roof rails, fog lamps and ORVMs with turn indicators and a roof spoiler.
2014 Toyota Etios Cross
Interiors get height adjustable driver's seat, leather wrapped steering wheel and steering mounted audio controls. The music system is a 2-din audio with Bluetooth, USB and aux functionality. There is also a 13-litre cooled glove box. The dashboard and seats get piano black colour accents. Toyota is aiming this car for the younger generation and the overall cabin feel has a sporty appearance. As far as safety features are concerned, expect the Etios Cross to have ABS, EBD and dual airbags.
The Etios Cross is available with three engine options out of which one is an oil burner. The petrols are the 1.5 litre and 1.2 litre engines from the Etios and Liva generating 90PS and 80PS respectively. The diesel is the same unit from under the Liva, a 1.4 litre producing 68PS at 3800rpm.
With the launch of the Cross, Toyota hopes to revive its sales in the Indian market. The Etios Cross will square off against the Punto Avventura as and when it will be launched and also the existing Volkswagen.
Check the Etios Cross image gallery here
Starts Rs 6.41 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India