Toyota Etios Cross launched at Rs 5.76 lakh in India
Toyota India today has launched its Etios Cross compact crossover at Rs 5.76 lakh, ex-Delhi. The Etios Cross comes in four variants, two for the petrol and two for the diesel respectively. Petrol variants are named 'G' and 'V' while the diesel ones are called 'GD' and 'VD'.
The Etios Cross is based on the Liva hatchback and has the same ground clearance, wheelbase and turning radius
The Etios Cross is based on the Liva hatchback and has the same ground clearance, wheelbase and turning radius. The exterior, however, has been given a more rugged look by the addition of plastic cladding to the sides and wheel arches, beefed up bumpers, skid plates, bullbar and roof rails. The rear end gets a roof spoiler augmenting the overall appearance of the vehicle.
The rear end gets a roof spoiler augmenting the overall visual appearance of the vehicle.
The interior will be familiar to owners of the Liva hatchback. The instrument cluster is centrally mounted and the cabin gets an all black theme with a gloss and a matte finish, giving it a more refined look. The upholstery on the seats has been embroidered with the 'Etios Cross' logo, giving the interior its own unique identity. The top-end 'V' and 'VD' trims get an audio system with aux-in and Bluetooth capabilities along with steering mounted audio controls and a steering wheel wrapped in leather. The 'V' and 'VD' variants will be getting dual airbags while ABS is available on all versions except the 'G' trim.
The interiors will be familiar to the owners of the Liva hatchback
There are a total of three engine options which comprise of two petrol and one diesel engine. The petrol comes with a 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre producing max power/peak torque of 80PS/104Nm and 90PS/132Nm respectively. The oil burner is a 1.4-litre unit capable of 68PS and 170Nm. All the engines come only with the 5-speed manual transmission. Toyota claims that the 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre petrol have fuel efficiency figures of 17.71kmpl and 16.78kmpl, respectively with the diesel providing a much better figure of 23.59kmpl.
The Etios Cross has good road manners and a peppy engine to drive around town. With the pricing at Rs 5.76 lakh, we expect the new offering to get decent sales for the Japanese manufacturer. Its competition in the market include Volkswagen Cross Polo and the upcoming Fiat Avventura.
Read our first drive of the Etios Cross here
Toyota Etios Cross G- Rs 5.76 lakh
Toyota Etios Cross V- Rs 7.35 lakh
Toyota Etios Cross GD- Rs 6.9 lakh
Toyota Etios Cross VD- Rs 7.40 lakh
Starts Rs 6.41 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.62 Lakhs
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover