Toyota Etios Cross variants detailed
The new Toyota Etios Cross which is set to hit showrooms today comes in four different models of which two are petrol and the other two diesel. Like most Toyota trims, the base petrol is called 'G' while the higher one is named 'V'. The petrol variants have the same 16V DOHC type engines, the difference being the fact that the higher 'V' model has the 1.5 litre whereas the 'G' has the smaller 1.2 litre engine. The 1.2 litre engine makes 80PS while the 1.5 litre motor makes an extra 10PS max power at 5600 rpm.
When it comes to the two diesel trims, 'GD' and 'VD', both have the same engine specifications; both having the same 1.4-litre 4-cylinder engine. This engine makes a maximum power of 68PS at 3200 rpm. The torque produced is much higher compared to the petrol models though with 170 Nm coming in at 1800-2400 rpm while the petrol models produce a maximum torque of 104 Nm at 3100 rpm and 132 Nm at 3000 rpm respectively. All models come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission with a MacPherson and torsion beam suspension. The Etios Cross has a same wheelbase of 2460 mm like the Liva. Other specifications include a 45 litre fuel tank capacity, 185/60 15 inch tyres and turning circle radius of 4.8 metres.
The higher trims (V & VD) in both petrol and diesel respectively have a few additions than the base ones which make them better like the audio system which has an added aux-in and bluetooth support included. They also include steering controls for the audio system and a leather wrapped steering wheel. ABS is standard on all trims except for the base petrol whereas dual airbags are available only on the top end petrol and diesel.
Read our first drive of the new Toyota Etios Cross here
Starts Rs 6.41 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show