Toyota Glanza, rebadged Baleno, to launch in India by July 2019
Toyota India will launch its version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Toyota Glanza, in India by July 2019. Bookings are yet to commence with more details to come in the next few days. This is the first car to come from the global agreement between Toyota and Suzuki.
The Toyota Glanza will look largely like the Baleno with similar bodywork, interiors and styling. Only minor differences like a new grille and Toyota badges can be expected. The Glanza is expected to come with a single BSVI petrol motor. We think this will be the older K12B unit with its 84PS and 115 Nm. Transmission options will be a maual and a CVT.
The Glanza is set to be available in two trims, in both manual and CVT. We expect it to get most features of the Baleno like climate control, push button start rain sensing wipers, a touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Toyota could offer its own warranty package, accessories and after-sales services with the Glanza.
Prices of the Toyota Glanza should be slightly higher that that of the Baleno. Toyota will also launch a rebadged version of Vitara Brezza after the Glanza while Suzuki will bring its own version of the Corolla Altis. Both carmakers are also co-developing a new MPV, that will sit between the Ertiga and Innova.
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip