Toyota Glanza, rebadged Baleno, to launch in India by July 2019
Toyota India will launch its version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Toyota Glanza, in India by July 2019. Bookings are yet to commence with more details to come in the next few days. This is the first car to come from the global agreement between Toyota and Suzuki.
The Toyota Glanza will look largely like the Baleno with similar bodywork, interiors and styling. Only minor differences like a new grille and Toyota badges can be expected. The Glanza is expected to come with a single BSVI petrol motor. We think this will be the older K12B unit with its 84PS and 115 Nm. Transmission options will be a maual and a CVT.
The Glanza is set to be available in two trims, in both manual and CVT. We expect it to get most features of the Baleno like climate control, push button start rain sensing wipers, a touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Toyota could offer its own warranty package, accessories and after-sales services with the Glanza.
Prices of the Toyota Glanza should be slightly higher that that of the Baleno. Toyota will also launch a rebadged version of Vitara Brezza after the Glanza while Suzuki will bring its own version of the Corolla Altis. Both carmakers are also co-developing a new MPV, that will sit between the Ertiga and Innova.
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders