Toyota, Honda top 2013 India Initial Quality Satisfaction study: report
Honda and Toyota have topped the 2013 JD Power Asia Pacific 2013 India Initial Quality Study (IQS) with three vehicles each that rank highest in their respective segments. The study also revealed that more and more customers in India are looking to buy new vehicles that report fewer initial quality problems.
The 2013 India IQS is based on evaluations from 9,070 owners who purchased a new vehicle between November 2012 and July 2013. The study includes 74 vehicle models from 17 makes. The study was fielded from May to September 2013 in 25 cities across India.
The Honda models are the Brio (upper compact segment); Amaze (entry midsize); and City (midsize). Toyota's models that outperformed others in their segment are the Innova (MUV/ MPV); Corolla Altis (premium midsize); and Fortuner (SUV).
Hyundai Santro ranks highest for the second consecutive year in the compact car segment. Maruti Suzuki's Alto 800 (entry compact) and Swift (premium compact) rank highest for the second consecutive year in their respective segments.
Honda, Toyota Etios and Nissan
According to the study, the industry-average being the benchmark, automakers that have above average quality have experienced an average increased sales volume of 6 per cent since 2011. On the contrary, automakers whose customers report more quality related issues than average have experienced an 8 per cent decline in sales volume during the same period. What was also noticed during this period was that 27 per cent repeat buyers chose higher quality vehicles on the repeat buys.
Starts Rs 5.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.05 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-bound Volvo S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country facelift unveiled globally
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza prices and variants explained
- ReviewBSVI KTM Duke 200 first ride review
- NewsHusqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Vitpilen 250 launched in India at Rs 1.80 lakh
- News2020 Volkswagen T-Roc SUV to be launched in India on March 18
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055