Toyota India receives over 10,000 bookings for the Fortuner
It's been only two months since the launch of the new Fortuner in India. But, it is turning to be as popular amongst SUV buyers as its predecessor. Toyota India says that it has received over 10,000 bookings for the new Fortuner. The manufacturer says that it has already delivered close to 5,000 units. Currently, the Fortuner has a waiting period of around two to three months across dealerships.
Toyota India also says that despite the Indian government's sudden demonetisation move, the Fortuner continued to receive buyer interest. The new Fortuner is available with an automatic transmission in both two wheel and four wheel drive variants. The company claims that two wheel as well as four wheel drive automatic variants are selling well. Also, over 60 per cent of all Fortuner units sold are in the Super White colour.
The Toyota Fortuner is powered by a 2.8-litre direct-injection, turbocharged diesel engine which makes 177PS and 420Nm of torque. The engine is offered with the choice of a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission. The automatic version makes a higher 450Nm of torque. It offers two drive modes to choose from - Eco and Power. The top trim comes equipped with dual beam LED headlamps, LED DRLs and tail lamps, second row with reach and recline adjustment, electric tailgate and seven airbags.
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018