Toyota Innova Crysta bookings to open in India in March, 2016
Toyota India has confirmed that bookings for the upcoming Innova Crysta will be open in March, 2016. The booking amount will be Rs 50,000.
This new version, which was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo, is the first major update that the Innova has received since its launch in 2005. The Toyota Innova Crysta gets a complete cosmetic and mechanical revamp. There is a brand new front end, with projector headlamps and a large hexagonal grille. The side view bears some resemblance to the current Innova, but is longer and gets a redesigned D-pillar. The rear end is completely fresh as well, with the new lights, bumper and bootlid.
The interior is more spacious than before and gets a very neat layout loaded with features like automatic climate control, a 7-inch infotainment system and an electrically adjustable driver's seat. The Innova Crysta also gets features like an engine start/stop button and cruise control. The second and third row seats can be folded at the touch of a button to make ingress and egress easier.
The Toyota Innova Crysta will be powered by an all new 2.4-litre turbodiesel engine that can be optioned with either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission. This new engine puts out 149PS of power and 342Nm of torque (360Nm with the automatic transmission). The Toyota Innova Crysta also gets two drive modes Eco and Power.
The new Toyota Innova Crysta was launched in Indonesia late last year and we expect it to be launched in India either by the end of March or in early April, 2016. The Innova Crysta is likely to be priced above Rs 18 lakh. Toyota India may also continue selling the old Innova at the current price alongside the new model to cater to the commercial vehicle market.
Also from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Toyota Innova Crysta:
Starts Rs 13.52 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review