Toyota Japan launches sporty GR sub-brand
After showcasing the Yaris GRMN at the Geneva show earlier this year, Toyota Japan has now announced the entry of its sporty sub-brand GR. GR stands for Gazoo Racing, Toyota's racing wing in Japan. The Toyota GR sub-brand will cater to sporty vehicles and in three different categories - GR Sport, mid-level GR and the top-spec GRMN. Toyota's racing expertise and know how from motorsport events like the 24 hours of Nurburgring will be used in developing these vehicles. For the Japanese market, the Yaris will be the Toyota GR sub-brand vehicle that will first be launched and later on followed by the Harrier and 86.
The Toyota GR sub-brand will cater to sporty vehicles and in three different categories - GR Sport, mid-level GR and the top-spec GRMN
Primary changes to Toyota GR vehicles include a different grille, GR-branded bucket seats, silver accent stitching, and a differently executed start-stop button. The base Toyota GR Sport trims will get a handling-oriented suspension, additional braces, a pop-out tachometer, black gear shifter, drilled aluminum pedals, and a smaller flat bottomed steering wheel. Toyota GR models get Sachs shocks, additional bracing and a manual shift mode in CVT models that imitates a 10-speed automatic gearbox.
Toyota GR models get Sachs shocks
A total of 39 Toyota GR racing shops are expected to be set up in Japan soon.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India