Toyota Kirloskar Motor appoints Akito Tachibana as its managing director
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced changes in its senior management in India. The company has appointed Akito Tachibana as their new managing director. Tachibana has spent three decades at Toyota across various functions including human resource, domestic and overseas planning, used car and product management.
He will be replacing Naomi Ishii who has been appointed as the general manager of the corporate planning division at the company's headquarters in Japan. Ishii was in charge of Totoya's India operations since 2014.
Tachibana currently heads the technical, purchase and quality assurance divisions at Toyota Kirloskar Motor. Before this he held the position of executive vice president at Toyota Motor Thailand. Tachibana has also headed Toyota Motor Vietnam Co Ltd as the President. He has worked at Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America Inc for the corporate planning and product planning divisions.
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019