Toyota launches the new Etios Liva hatch at Rs 4.76 lakh
Toyota has launched refreshed versions of the Etios sedan and Etios Liva hatch. Prices start at Rs 4.76 lakh for the Liva petrol and go up to Rs 6.95 lakh for the top-end Liva diesel. The base Etios petrol meanwhile starts at Rs 5.74 lakh while the range topping diesel will cost Rs 8.16 lakh. All prices ex-Delhi.
The new Etios Liva
The big news with this update is that Toyota has made twin airbags as standard across all trims. A very commendable move. That aside, the rest of the changes are what we've come to expect from a mid-life facelift. Both cars get a new front grille, new electrically adjustable ORVMs, fresh 12-spoke alloy wheels and some chrome on the door handles. The interiors, that have always been a point of contention, remain largely the same except for a new faux wood armrest. The seats get a new fabric while driver gets height adjustability. The two-DIN audio system continues but Toyota has finally addressed our issue with the sound system and the car finally gets two rear speakers that should improve the otherwise tinny sound quality. Toyota now offers parking sensors and a buzzer warning for seatbelts as well as a door-ajar warning.
The new Etios sedan
The mechanicals remain unchanged with a 1.4-litre diesel engine available for both cars. The Etios comes with a 1.5-litre petrol good for 90PS while the Liva gets a 1.2-litre petrol that produces 80PS.
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip