Toyota Motor Corporation recalls 6.5 million vehicles worldwide
Toyota Motor Corporation has recalled 6.5 million vehicles worldwide to replace a faulty power-window master switch. The cause of the fault is attributed to insufficient lubrication of the power-window switches on the driver's side. Toyota says that the issue could cause the switches to melt, "produce smoke and potentially, lead to a fire".
The vehicles affected by this defect are the Camry and Camry Hybrid (2007 and 2009), Corolla (2009-2011) and the RAV4 SUV (2006-2011), to name a few. Around 2.7 million vehicles have been affected in North America, 1.2 million in Europe, 6 lakh units in Japan and another 2 million units in other regions.
Toyota had recently issued another recall owing to defective airbags supplied by the Takata Corporation.
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept