Toyota Motor Corporation recalls 6.5 million vehicles worldwide
Toyota Motor Corporation has recalled 6.5 million vehicles worldwide to replace a faulty power-window master switch. The cause of the fault is attributed to insufficient lubrication of the power-window switches on the driver's side. Toyota says that the issue could cause the switches to melt, "produce smoke and potentially, lead to a fire".
The vehicles affected by this defect are the Camry and Camry Hybrid (2007 and 2009), Corolla (2009-2011) and the RAV4 SUV (2006-2011), to name a few. Around 2.7 million vehicles have been affected in North America, 1.2 million in Europe, 6 lakh units in Japan and another 2 million units in other regions.
Toyota had recently issued another recall owing to defective airbags supplied by the Takata Corporation.
Starts Rs 37.88 Lakhs
- News2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
- News2020 Datsun Redi-Go launched in India for Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsHyundai helps customers affected by AMPHAN cyclone in West Bengal
- NewsGWM India appoints James Yang as president
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!