Toyota Motor Corporation recalls 6.5 million vehicles worldwide
Toyota Motor Corporation has recalled 6.5 million vehicles worldwide to replace a faulty power-window master switch. The cause of the fault is attributed to insufficient lubrication of the power-window switches on the driver's side. Toyota says that the issue could cause the switches to melt, "produce smoke and potentially, lead to a fire".
The vehicles affected by this defect are the Camry and Camry Hybrid (2007 and 2009), Corolla (2009-2011) and the RAV4 SUV (2006-2011), to name a few. Around 2.7 million vehicles have been affected in North America, 1.2 million in Europe, 6 lakh units in Japan and another 2 million units in other regions.
Toyota had recently issued another recall owing to defective airbags supplied by the Takata Corporation.
Starts Rs 37.5 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S specifications revealed
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled