Toyota Motor Corporation recalls 6.5 million vehicles worldwide
Toyota Motor Corporation has recalled 6.5 million vehicles worldwide to replace a faulty power-window master switch. The cause of the fault is attributed to insufficient lubrication of the power-window switches on the driver's side. Toyota says that the issue could cause the switches to melt, "produce smoke and potentially, lead to a fire".
The vehicles affected by this defect are the Camry and Camry Hybrid (2007 and 2009), Corolla (2009-2011) and the RAV4 SUV (2006-2011), to name a few. Around 2.7 million vehicles have been affected in North America, 1.2 million in Europe, 6 lakh units in Japan and another 2 million units in other regions.
Toyota had recently issued another recall owing to defective airbags supplied by the Takata Corporation.
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally