Toyota offering discounts on Etios and Liva to make way for facelift due in October
Toyota has witnessed a fair amount of success in the premium segments in India, seen with the sales numbers of the Innova Crysta. However, the Japanese car manufacturer has not been able to achieve the same with the Etios and the Liva. Toyota recently unveiled the facelifted version of the Etios and the Liva in Brazil, and the same is expected to reach Indian showrooms by October this year.
While most of the design looks similar to the previous version, the front gets distinct updates. The new radiator grille gets a V-design while the bumper gets a dual-tone treatment with an updated fog lamp housing. The side profile has been retained and there are no changes in the dimensions as well. The Brazil-spec facelift also had 15-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, side skirts as well as boot-lid integrated spoiler. The rear doesn't get substantial update except for a minor revision in the bumper design.
The important change in the cabin is the inclusion of a modern touchscreen infotainment system with navigation. In addition, the centrally placed analogue cluster has been replaced with a all-digital layout. To make it feel more premium, it gets a new multi-function steering wheel and cruise control. We hope the Etios facelift carries the same list of features in India as its international counterpart.
Under the hood, the Brazilian-spec 2016 Etios is powered by a 1.5 Flex Dual VVT-i DOHC engine that makes 107PS of power. The India-bound new Etios Liva will not recieve any change in mechanicals. It will continue to be equipped with a 1.2-litre petrol making 80PS/104Nm and a 1.4-litre diesel that produces 68PS/170Nm whereas the sedan gets a 1.5-litre petrol that makes 90PS/132Nm.
Toyota dealerships in India have already started offering discounts on both the hatchback and the sedan. In Mumbai, one can avail a discount of up to Rs 15,000, whereas in Delhi it is Rs 12,500 on the Etios and Rs 10,000 on the Liva. The dealerships are yet to commence bookings for the new Etios and Liva in India.
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India