Toyota recalls 5,834 Corolla Altis diesel models in India
When it comes to marques that have been issuing recalls in India, Toyota tops the list. The manufacturer, a few weeks back recalled the Camry model and is now bringing the Corolla Altis diesel variants back to the workshops. 5,834 cars are being recalled for replacing a component which fails to prevent oil from entering the air intake system. Vehicles manufactured between June 15, 2010 and May 23, 2011 are the ones affected by this recall. Owners of the possibly affected vehicles will be contacted through a letter or a call from authorised dealers and asked to bring their cars to the workshop. Repairs for the aforementioned issue will be done free of cost.
Over the years, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has been recalling the Corolla due to some issue or the other. As of now, the company offers the car with an option of a 1.8-litre petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine. However, it is niggles in the diesel variant that account for a large part of the recalls.
Starts Rs 16.45 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- NewsNew-gen Nissan Livina MPV is a rival to Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Honda BR-V
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani