Toyota Rush SUV heading to India?
At the ongoing 2018 Auto Expo, Toyota India showcased the upcoming Yaris sedan that will compete with the likes of Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Hyundai Verna. The Toyota Yaris will be positioned at the premium end of this sedan segment and will be launched this year in India. In addition to the Yaris, Toyota is also looking at bringing affordable SUVs to encash on the popularity of the same in the country.
The 2018 Toyota Rush get a more aggressive design as compared to the previous model
Akito Tachibana, Toyota Kirloskar India MD told TOI that the Japanese automobile manufacturer has products like the Rush SUV and the CH-R SUV that are being considered for India, depending on the suitability of these offerings. Additionally, Akito also stated that the pricing of the new SUV will be in the Rs 10-15 lakh range, an aspect that will be finalised post deciding the particular model.
The Toyota Fortuner is the only SUV that the company sells in India. Given its premium positioning and the steep pricing, the new-gen Fortuner continues to dominate its segment. We believe Toyota India would want to replicate the same success in the lower segments as well.
The 2018 Toyota Rush comes with LED head lamps and tail lamps, electronic retractable mirrors with LED turn indicators, 16-inch alloy wheels, shark-fin antenna, and a rear spoiler. The SUV has a ground clearance of 220mm. The all-new Toyota Rush gets a new steering wheel with controls to operate the infotainment system. The cabin of the 2018 Toyota Rush sports a dual-tone beige and black finish, where beige is used only to highlight different aspects of the trims like the door panels and central area under the dashboard. The SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder diesel motor that makes 105PS and generates 140 Nm. This motor is available with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. One can also get a 4-speed automatic unit on this motor as an option.
Should Toyota India bring the 2018 Rush SUV to India? Let us know your views in the comment section below.
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh