Toyota Rush SUV heading to India?
At the ongoing 2018 Auto Expo, Toyota India showcased the upcoming Yaris sedan that will compete with the likes of Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Hyundai Verna. The Toyota Yaris will be positioned at the premium end of this sedan segment and will be launched this year in India. In addition to the Yaris, Toyota is also looking at bringing affordable SUVs to encash on the popularity of the same in the country.
The 2018 Toyota Rush get a more aggressive design as compared to the previous model
Akito Tachibana, Toyota Kirloskar India MD told TOI that the Japanese automobile manufacturer has products like the Rush SUV and the CH-R SUV that are being considered for India, depending on the suitability of these offerings. Additionally, Akito also stated that the pricing of the new SUV will be in the Rs 10-15 lakh range, an aspect that will be finalised post deciding the particular model.
The Toyota Fortuner is the only SUV that the company sells in India. Given its premium positioning and the steep pricing, the new-gen Fortuner continues to dominate its segment. We believe Toyota India would want to replicate the same success in the lower segments as well.
The 2018 Toyota Rush comes with LED head lamps and tail lamps, electronic retractable mirrors with LED turn indicators, 16-inch alloy wheels, shark-fin antenna, and a rear spoiler. The SUV has a ground clearance of 220mm. The all-new Toyota Rush gets a new steering wheel with controls to operate the infotainment system. The cabin of the 2018 Toyota Rush sports a dual-tone beige and black finish, where beige is used only to highlight different aspects of the trims like the door panels and central area under the dashboard. The SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder diesel motor that makes 105PS and generates 140 Nm. This motor is available with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. One can also get a 4-speed automatic unit on this motor as an option.
Should Toyota India bring the 2018 Rush SUV to India? Let us know your views in the comment section below.
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Shul EV hypercar Mumbai showcase
- NewsVazirani Shul electric hypercar concept showcased in Mumbai
- News2018 Drag Racing: Hemant Mudappa claims three two-wheeler titles
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut