Toyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
The Toyota Rush is a popular SUV in the Indonesian markets as the company has sold over 2.5 lakh units there. And now Toyota is all set to launch the SUV in Pakistan by the end of this month. Indus Motor Company Limited, that operates as Toyota Indus, a joint venture between House of Habib, Toyota Tsusho and Toyota Motors, will be importing the first batch of Rush SUVs into Pakistan. The company believes that the pricing and the positioning of the Toyota Rush SUV will help the brand bridge the gap between the Corolla sedan and premium Fortuner SUV. The Rush is expected to be priced between Rs 3.8 million and Rs 4.8 million (equivalent of (INR) Rs 21 lakh to Rs 27 lakh, excluding duty), as mentioned by Tribune. The Rush SUV will help Toyota take on the likes of Kia, Hyundai and Changan in Pakistan.
The 2018 Toyota Rush get a more aggressive design as compared to the previous model
The 2018 Toyota Rush comes with LED head lamps and tail lamps, electronic retractable mirrors with LED turn indicators, 16-inch alloy wheels, shark-fin antenna, and a rear spoiler. The SUV has a ground clearance of 220mm. The all-new Toyota Rush gets a new steering wheel with controls to operate the infotainment system. The cabin of the 2018 Toyota Rush sports a dual-tone beige and black finish, where beige is used only to highlight different aspects of the trims like the door panels and central area under the dashboard. The SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder diesel motor that makes 105PS and generates 140 Nm. This motor is available with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. One can also get a 4-speed automatic unit on this motor as an option.
Akito Tachibana, Toyota Kirloskar India MD told TOI that the Japanese automobile manufacturer has products like the Rush SUV and the CH-R SUV that are being considered for India, depending on the suitability of these offerings. Additionally, Akito also stated that the pricing of the new SUV will be in the Rs 10-15 lakh range, an aspect that will be finalised post deciding the particular model.
The Toyota Fortuner is the only SUV that the company sells in India. Given its premium positioning and the steep pricing, the new-gen Fortuner continues to dominate its segment. We believe Toyota India would want to replicate the same success in the lower segments as well.
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000