Toyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
The Toyota Rush is a popular SUV in the Indonesian markets as the company has sold over 2.5 lakh units there. And now Toyota is all set to launch the SUV in Pakistan by the end of this month. Indus Motor Company Limited, that operates as Toyota Indus, a joint venture between House of Habib, Toyota Tsusho and Toyota Motors, will be importing the first batch of Rush SUVs into Pakistan. The company believes that the pricing and the positioning of the Toyota Rush SUV will help the brand bridge the gap between the Corolla sedan and premium Fortuner SUV. The Rush is expected to be priced between Rs 3.8 million and Rs 4.8 million (equivalent of (INR) Rs 21 lakh to Rs 27 lakh, excluding duty), as mentioned by Tribune. The Rush SUV will help Toyota take on the likes of Kia, Hyundai and Changan in Pakistan.
The 2018 Toyota Rush get a more aggressive design as compared to the previous model
The 2018 Toyota Rush comes with LED head lamps and tail lamps, electronic retractable mirrors with LED turn indicators, 16-inch alloy wheels, shark-fin antenna, and a rear spoiler. The SUV has a ground clearance of 220mm. The all-new Toyota Rush gets a new steering wheel with controls to operate the infotainment system. The cabin of the 2018 Toyota Rush sports a dual-tone beige and black finish, where beige is used only to highlight different aspects of the trims like the door panels and central area under the dashboard. The SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder diesel motor that makes 105PS and generates 140 Nm. This motor is available with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. One can also get a 4-speed automatic unit on this motor as an option.
Akito Tachibana, Toyota Kirloskar India MD told TOI that the Japanese automobile manufacturer has products like the Rush SUV and the CH-R SUV that are being considered for India, depending on the suitability of these offerings. Additionally, Akito also stated that the pricing of the new SUV will be in the Rs 10-15 lakh range, an aspect that will be finalised post deciding the particular model.
The Toyota Fortuner is the only SUV that the company sells in India. Given its premium positioning and the steep pricing, the new-gen Fortuner continues to dominate its segment. We believe Toyota India would want to replicate the same success in the lower segments as well.
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- News2018 Drag Racing: Hemant Mudappa claims three two-wheeler titles
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June