Toyota to hike prices of vehicles in India by 3 per cent from January 2018
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has said it is likely to increase prices of all its models in India by 3 per cent from January 2018. The primary basis for this price-hike is a rise in input and freight costs towards the manufacture of the vehicles, Toyota said. If we calculate this hike on the Toyota model range in India, the base Toyota Fortuner 4x2 MT diesel will cost Rs81,000 more with the ex-showroom price going up from Rs 27.27 lakh to Rs 28.08 lakh. Toyota's range in the country includes the Etios Liva, Etios Cross, Platinum Etios, Corolla Altis, Camry, Innova Crysta, Fortuner, Land Cruiser and Prius. Toyota has also announced a finance scheme under the Remember December Campaign. Toyota is looking to increase its manufacturing commitment in India with a joint plan to develop electric vehicles with Suzuki. Toyota also recently unveiled the Toyota Rush SUV which may make it to India.
The much-anticipated 2018 in Indonesia
Here is the full press release from Toyota Kirloskar Motor:
Toyota to increase prices by up to 3% in January, 2018
December 7th, 2017 Bangalore: Toyota Kirloskar Motor likely to hike prices across its models by up to 3% from January 2018. The company considered the price rise after reviewing input and freight costs periodically, which is also a general industry phenomenon.
"There has been an increase in the cost of manufacturing of vehicles. Frequent fluctuation in the global commodity prices and foreign exchange rates have continued to impact our input costs, from both domestic as well as import fronts. Toyota has been absorbing the additional costs all this while, protecting the customers from price increase. However, due to the continued pressure of high costs, Toyota is considering a price increase of upto 3% across models with effect from Jan 2018.
To further enhance customer delight in the year end, we are offering bountiful offer under the Remember December Campaign for Toyota customers.
Under Remember December Campaign, our customers can avail attractive schemes like 100% on road financing, interest rates starting at 4.99%, special EMI package. It also comprises of benefits ranging from Rs 40,000-Rs 90,000 varying from model to model across regions, also including additional benefits for Government and Corporate Employees. All these offers are valid up to December 31st", as said by Toyota Kirloskar Motor spokesperson.
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000