Toyota unveils Fortuner Diamond Edition in South America
Toyota has unveiled a new top-spec Diamond Edition variant of its Fortuner SUV in Argentina and will sell it in other South American markets eventually. The body-on-frame SUV is called the SW4 there and this variant adds visual upgrades to the top spec model. Exterior changes include an ornamental skid plate, bumper guard and upper grille guard with SW4 lettering, darker chrome accents on the front grille, a new design for the 18-inch alloy wheels and 'Diamond' badging on the tailgate.
The interior gets bronze accents on the dash, centre console and tan leather upholstery. The infotainment system has been updated with a 10-speaker JBL unit and the key fob also gets a white-and-gold finish. No mechanical changes have been made to the car, so the 2.8-litre diesel motor, as seen on the Indian version, is carried over. The SW4 Diamond edition retails for ARS 12,23,700 (Rs 39.52 lakh).
There is no confirmation on whether this Diamond edition will be available in India. Although, the Fortuner is the market leader in this segment in India and this addition could further strengthen its position as it competes with the likes of the Ford Endeavour, Isuzu MU-X and VW Tiguan. The Indian version is available with a 2.8 litre four cylinder diesel (177PS/450Nm) and a 2.7 litre four cylinder petrol (166PS/245Nm). These are available in two or four-wheel drive and can be paired with a 5-speed manual or a 6 speed automatic.
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.84 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India