Toyota unveils Fortuner Diamond Edition in South America
Toyota has unveiled a new top-spec Diamond Edition variant of its Fortuner SUV in Argentina and will sell it in other South American markets eventually. The body-on-frame SUV is called the SW4 there and this variant adds visual upgrades to the top spec model. Exterior changes include an ornamental skid plate, bumper guard and upper grille guard with SW4 lettering, darker chrome accents on the front grille, a new design for the 18-inch alloy wheels and 'Diamond' badging on the tailgate.
The interior gets bronze accents on the dash, centre console and tan leather upholstery. The infotainment system has been updated with a 10-speaker JBL unit and the key fob also gets a white-and-gold finish. No mechanical changes have been made to the car, so the 2.8-litre diesel motor, as seen on the Indian version, is carried over. The SW4 Diamond edition retails for ARS 12,23,700 (Rs 39.52 lakh).
There is no confirmation on whether this Diamond edition will be available in India. Although, the Fortuner is the market leader in this segment in India and this addition could further strengthen its position as it competes with the likes of the Ford Endeavour, Isuzu MU-X and VW Tiguan. The Indian version is available with a 2.8 litre four cylinder diesel (177PS/450Nm) and a 2.7 litre four cylinder petrol (166PS/245Nm). These are available in two or four-wheel drive and can be paired with a 5-speed manual or a 6 speed automatic.
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.26 Lakhs
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship