Toyota unveils Fortuner Diamond Edition in South America
Toyota has unveiled a new top-spec Diamond Edition variant of its Fortuner SUV in Argentina and will sell it in other South American markets eventually. The body-on-frame SUV is called the SW4 there and this variant adds visual upgrades to the top spec model. Exterior changes include an ornamental skid plate, bumper guard and upper grille guard with SW4 lettering, darker chrome accents on the front grille, a new design for the 18-inch alloy wheels and 'Diamond' badging on the tailgate.
The interior gets bronze accents on the dash, centre console and tan leather upholstery. The infotainment system has been updated with a 10-speaker JBL unit and the key fob also gets a white-and-gold finish. No mechanical changes have been made to the car, so the 2.8-litre diesel motor, as seen on the Indian version, is carried over. The SW4 Diamond edition retails for ARS 12,23,700 (Rs 39.52 lakh).
There is no confirmation on whether this Diamond edition will be available in India. Although, the Fortuner is the market leader in this segment in India and this addition could further strengthen its position as it competes with the likes of the Ford Endeavour, Isuzu MU-X and VW Tiguan. The Indian version is available with a 2.8 litre four cylinder diesel (177PS/450Nm) and a 2.7 litre four cylinder petrol (166PS/245Nm). These are available in two or four-wheel drive and can be paired with a 5-speed manual or a 6 speed automatic.
Starts Rs 27.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.35 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen T-Roc Black Edition launched internationally
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Suzuki Motor Gujarat resumes operations
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Government extends validity of vehicle documents till July 31
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Three Hyundai employees test positive for COVID-19
- NewsObituary: Gaurav Jani, solo motorcycling documentary filmmaker, is no more
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!