Travelogue: The Coastal drive with Maruti Suzuki Dzire image gallery
When it comes to choosing an ideal vehicle for a road trip, the generic options that come to one's mind is an SUV or an MPV, that is durable, practical and efficient. How about doing it in a sedan instead? And we are not talking of just any other sedan but the one that has amassed immense popularity over the years among the Indian audiences. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire's bold design, lots of convenience options, spacious and comfortable seats and lastly an efficient heart, made it our best bet for this coastal trip. To experience the relaxed lifestyle and get a flavour of the local culture, we drove down to Ratnagiri, a laid back port city on the Arabian Sea coast. While you can read the detailed feature here, scroll below to see our journey of indulgence through images.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire's bold design, lots of convenience options, spacious and comfortable seats and lastly an efficient heart, made it our best bet for this coastal trip.
The new age styling of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire offers an interesting contrast to the classic villas and buildings, making the past meet the present
Fishermen getting their trawlers ready for the next sail from the Mandovi market, one of the busiest places in Goa. A typical, busy working day looks like at the Mandovi fishermen's market.
Along the Goa-Ratnagiri route lies the serene Vengurla beach, that was our stopover point for a small break. The vast Arabian sea and the beautiful boats made us just wonder about how simplicity can also be so beautiful.
The classic villas and buildings here feature vibrant shades of blue, yellow and green, that make them look distinctive, acting as the perfect backdrop to shoot our Oxford Blue Dzire.
The local delicacies served here have a unique flavour that you don't find anywhere else in the country.
Even though the state has evolved with time, it has still managed to maintain its charm with the vintage construction. And to witness that, we drove down to Fontainhas, an classic Latin quarter located in the capital city of Goa, Panjim.
We ventured into a local eatery in Bastora, a village in North Goa and ordered Kaju curry and Poee bread, both traditional Goan preparations.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire on board a ferry from Ribandar to reach the popular Chorao island, one of the largest islands in Goa
Old school architecture inspired by the early years can be seen everywhere in Goa
The spacious and practical cabin of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire is the ideal for such long trips
The route from Goa to Ratnagiri offers a series of straights and bends and has a scenic backdrop with luscious green trees on both sides.
Tons of fresh stock is transported to different parts of the country from this market.
As the sun began to set, we too decided to call it a day at one of the old churches in Chorao Island. It felt nice to get away from the buzzing concrete jungle into the calm and quiet nature.
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!
- NewsBMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS: Watch the BMW Motorrad live webcast here
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively