Triumph arrives in India with 10 new motorbikes, prices start from Rs 5.7 lakh
Nearly two years after it made a high impact appearance at the 2012 Auto Expo in Delhi, Triumph has finally launched its products for commercial sale in India. The initial range is ten models spread across all of its model lines. Representing the classic line are the Bonneville and the Bonneville T100 priced at Rs 5.7 lakh and Rs 6.6 lakh, ex-showroom. Prices for the other models are given below.
The roadsters is the line that we expect will bring the most volumes and in there is the Street Triple and it's more famous elder sibling, the Speed Triple. In the cruiser line is Triumph's flagship and most expensive motorcycle, the Rocket III. And also on sale will be the slightly smaller Thunderbird Storm cruiser. The Tiger 800 XC and the Tiger Explorer will represent the adventure range while the the Daytona 675R is the sole supersport motorcycle that is being offered to India - it is also the only supersport Triumph currently makes. What is left is, effectively, the touring line of motorcycles.
While the full details will be out shortly including pricing, dealers (initially four - in Delhi, and delivery schedules, it is expected that the Bonneville line, the Street Triple and the Daytona will be assembled at the company's Manesar facility while the rest will be CBU imports.
Triumph had also confirmed at the Milan show that it's forthcoming 250cc line of motorcycles will be produced in India. A sketch of a faired motorcycle was shown.
Triumph Motorcycles India: Old vs new prices
|Bonneville||Rs 5.7 lakh|
|Street Triple||Rs 7.5 lakh|
|Daytona 675R||Rs 11.4 lakh|
|Speed Triple||Rs 10.4 lakh|
|Tiger 800XC||Rs 12 lakh|
|Thunderbird Storm||Rs 13 lakh|
|Rocket III||Rs 20 lakh|
|Bonneville T100||Rs 6.6 lakh|
|Thruxton||Rs 6.7 lakh|
|Tiger 1200||Rs 17.9 lakh|
Stay tuned for more details.
- Watch Triumph launch its motorcycle range in India
- Triumph Bonneville India First ride
- Triumph Bonneville profile
- Meet the Street Triple
- Triumph Rocket III image gallery
- 8 things you should known about Triumph 250
- Triumph 250 spotted testing in India
- Triumph confirms Daytona 250 will be made in India
- Triumph Bonneville showcased in 2012 Auto Expo
- Triumph Speed Triple showcased in 2012 Auto Expo
- Street Triple showcased in 2012 Auto Expo
Starts Rs 12,15,800
Starts Rs 11,46,700
Starts Rs 11,13,000
Starts Rs 11,99,500
- NewsCristiano Ronaldo gifts himself a Bugatti Centodieci, the world's most expensive car
- NewsAudi RS Q8 teased ahead of India debut
- NewsGMC drops teaser for Hummer EV with over 1,000PS and removable roof panels
- NewsKia Motors India crosses one lakh sales in 11 months
- NewsBajaj Auto has sold 2.38 lakh units of 2Ws in July 2020, down by 26 per cent