Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
At the end of last year, Triumph Motorcycles announced that the company will be launching four new motorcycles in India. In line with that, Triumph India will be launching the Bonneville Speedmaster in India on February 27, 2018. The company dealerships spread across the country have already started accepting bookings, the deliveries of the same will start shortly.
The Triumph Speedmaster's front end feels confident and offers good feedback thanks to the firm suspension setup as also the sharp rake angle of the front forks
The 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster is based on the T120 and offers a more classic design inspired by the classic American cruisers of the 50s and the 60s. The Speedmaster employs the twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 1200cc that also does duty on the Bonneville T120, Bobber and Thruxton. Triumph states that the Speedmaster gets the same midrange performance as the Bobber, which makes for a 10 per cent gain in torque at 4,500rpm over the regular T120. Outputs stand at 77PS and 106Nm. It gets a comprehensive electronics suite including traction and cruise control, riding modes and ABS. Expect it to cost around Rs 11 lakh.
The other bits that the Triumph Speedmaster shares with the Bobber is the hard-tail-look chassis and swingarm, which we believe adds to the retro classic appeal of this motorcycle. The Speedmaster differs from the Bobber Black with new 41mm cartridge fork and a rear suspension unit with both a dual-rate main spring. The fuel tank size too has been increased for a better range to make it more suitable for those highway runs.
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship