Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
At the end of last year, Triumph Motorcycles announced that the company will be launching four new motorcycles in India. In line with that, Triumph India will be launching the Bonneville Speedmaster in India on February 27, 2018. The company dealerships spread across the country have already started accepting bookings, the deliveries of the same will start shortly.
The Triumph Speedmaster's front end feels confident and offers good feedback thanks to the firm suspension setup as also the sharp rake angle of the front forks
The 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster is based on the T120 and offers a more classic design inspired by the classic American cruisers of the 50s and the 60s. The Speedmaster employs the twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 1200cc that also does duty on the Bonneville T120, Bobber and Thruxton. Triumph states that the Speedmaster gets the same midrange performance as the Bobber, which makes for a 10 per cent gain in torque at 4,500rpm over the regular T120. Outputs stand at 77PS and 106Nm. It gets a comprehensive electronics suite including traction and cruise control, riding modes and ABS. Expect it to cost around Rs 11 lakh.
The other bits that the Triumph Speedmaster shares with the Bobber is the hard-tail-look chassis and swingarm, which we believe adds to the retro classic appeal of this motorcycle. The Speedmaster differs from the Bobber Black with new 41mm cartridge fork and a rear suspension unit with both a dual-rate main spring. The fuel tank size too has been increased for a better range to make it more suitable for those highway runs.
Starts Rs 11,11,500
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsRenault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and Google announce technological partnership
- NewsLimited edition Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 showcased
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 teased further in new video
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app