Triumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
Triumph Motorcycles India will launch the Triumph Scrambler 1200 in the country in January 2019. It is also planning to launch 5 other new models and refreshes here by June next year. The company has also announced that it intends to expand its current dealership network of 16 to 25 over the next 3 to 4 years. Triumph India now plans to also enter smaller towns with this expansion. There are 13 motorcycle models in the price range of Rs 7.7 lakh to 22 lakh from the British motorcycle maker on sale in India at the moment.
The Triumph Scrambler 1200 will be globally revealed on October 24. The new motorcycle was recently teased by the company. From the details revealed in earlier spy shots and the teaser video, the all-new Triumph Scrambler 1200 will likely be a direct rival to the Ducati Scrambler 1100 launched recently in India. Going by the spy images, this off-road oriented version of the Triumph Bonneville has an equipment list that includes long travel suspension, powerful motor, and a host of other additions over the regular Bonnie.
Reports suggest the 1200cc motor powering the new Triumph Scrambler 1200 will pack in additional torque, similar to the tune offered in the Bobber. The Street Scrambler comes with a 900cc motor that puts out 55PS and 78.84Nm. Whereas the new Scrambler 1200 could make 77PS and 100Nm, offering more grunt across the powerband. We also expect Triumph to offer riding modes on the Scrambler 1200, in addition to the ride-by-wire throttle, ABS and traction control that should make this a fun offering, especially on broken surfaces.
Starts Rs 7,27,000
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like