Triumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
Triumph Motorcycles India will launch the Triumph Scrambler 1200 in the country in January 2019. It is also planning to launch 5 other new models and refreshes here by June next year. The company has also announced that it intends to expand its current dealership network of 16 to 25 over the next 3 to 4 years. Triumph India now plans to also enter smaller towns with this expansion. There are 13 motorcycle models in the price range of Rs 7.7 lakh to 22 lakh from the British motorcycle maker on sale in India at the moment.
The Triumph Scrambler 1200 will be globally revealed on October 24. The new motorcycle was recently teased by the company. From the details revealed in earlier spy shots and the teaser video, the all-new Triumph Scrambler 1200 will likely be a direct rival to the Ducati Scrambler 1100 launched recently in India. Going by the spy images, this off-road oriented version of the Triumph Bonneville has an equipment list that includes long travel suspension, powerful motor, and a host of other additions over the regular Bonnie.
Reports suggest the 1200cc motor powering the new Triumph Scrambler 1200 will pack in additional torque, similar to the tune offered in the Bobber. The Street Scrambler comes with a 900cc motor that puts out 55PS and 78.84Nm. Whereas the new Scrambler 1200 could make 77PS and 100Nm, offering more grunt across the powerband. We also expect Triumph to offer riding modes on the Scrambler 1200, in addition to the ride-by-wire throttle, ABS and traction control that should make this a fun offering, especially on broken surfaces.
Starts Rs 7,23,000
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp