Triumph Street Triple RS bookings open in India, to launch on October 16
Last week, we told you about the new Triumph Speedmaster cruiser that will make it to India in 2018. And now there is news about a new Triumph coming to India in the next few days. The bike in question is the 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS, which is the , racetrack-oriented version of the S. Triumph dealerships all across the country have already started taking bookings for the 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS for a token amount of Rs 2 lakh. We at OVERDRIVE have also learnt that the Triumph Street Triple RS will be launched in India on October 14, 2017. We believe the deliveries of this naked offering should begin soon after national launch.
2017 Triumph Street Triple RS
The RS model is the top-flight 2017 Street Triple. Its engine makes 123PS at 11,700rpm and while peak torque is identical to the R model at 77Nm, the peak point moves a full 1,400rpm higher to 10,800rpm. This engine, in fact, is the base for the new Moto2 series starting from the 2019 season. The front suspension on the RS model is the same as the R model, but the rear shock is an Ohlins STX40 with 131mm wheel travel and full adjustability (preload, compression as well as rebound). The front caliper is now a full-house Brembo M50 and the tyres are Pirelli Supercorsa SP, underlining the track and hard performance intent of the model. The steering geometry is the same as the R model.
We have already sampled the 2017 Triumph Steet Triple RS where it was stated that the kit on offer, thrilling ability and its highly approachable nature, the 765 RS has the potential to be all the sports bike you ever need. Read our detailed first ride feature on the Triumph Street Triple RS here.
Starts Rs 11,13,000
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh