Triumph Street Triple RS bookings open in India, to launch on October 16
Last week, we told you about the new Triumph Speedmaster cruiser that will make it to India in 2018. And now there is news about a new Triumph coming to India in the next few days. The bike in question is the 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS, which is the , racetrack-oriented version of the S. Triumph dealerships all across the country have already started taking bookings for the 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS for a token amount of Rs 2 lakh. We at OVERDRIVE have also learnt that the Triumph Street Triple RS will be launched in India on October 14, 2017. We believe the deliveries of this naked offering should begin soon after national launch.
2017 Triumph Street Triple RS
The RS model is the top-flight 2017 Street Triple. Its engine makes 123PS at 11,700rpm and while peak torque is identical to the R model at 77Nm, the peak point moves a full 1,400rpm higher to 10,800rpm. This engine, in fact, is the base for the new Moto2 series starting from the 2019 season. The front suspension on the RS model is the same as the R model, but the rear shock is an Ohlins STX40 with 131mm wheel travel and full adjustability (preload, compression as well as rebound). The front caliper is now a full-house Brembo M50 and the tyres are Pirelli Supercorsa SP, underlining the track and hard performance intent of the model. The steering geometry is the same as the R model.
We have already sampled the 2017 Triumph Steet Triple RS where it was stated that the kit on offer, thrilling ability and its highly approachable nature, the 765 RS has the potential to be all the sports bike you ever need. Read our detailed first ride feature on the Triumph Street Triple RS here.
Starts Rs 10,55,000
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign